Terry has a reputation as a leading plaintiff's attorney in New South Wales, having acted in leading cases in NSW. His extensive experience in the law, including medical negligence, motor vehicle accident damages cases, public liability claims, commercial and general litigation means that Terry provides comprehensive advice and assistance. Any claim with merit will receive close attentive, energetic and enthusiastic representation by Terry.
Terry has been recognised by the NSW State Insurance Regulatory Agency (SIRA) as an expert in motor accidents compensation by appointment to the panel of specialist lawyers deciding cases under the Motor Accidents Compensation Act 1999 as a Claims Assessor. He has also been appointed as an assessor under the Motor Accidents Injuries Act 2017 for the assessment of miscellaneous disputes and common law claims and as a Merit Reviewer.
Terry has developed significant expertise not only in professional negligence claims but also in disputes concerning costs, having for many years held an appointment as a Costs Assessor and as a Review Panellist under appointment by the Supreme Court of NSW and he provides expert opinion in those areas. As the then Chair of the Costs Committee, Terry was part of the team which authored the Law Society of NSW Costs Guide 7 th Edition,available at: Law Society
Terry has also consulted to NSW regional practitioners in relation to the conduct of complex medical negligence cases and in the area of costs disputes.
Terry has played a significant role in the legal community of NSW being a former president of the Eastern Suburbs Regional Law Society and a former Chair of the Ethics Committee of the Law Society of NSW. He is the longstanding Chair of the Injuries Damages Committee of the Law Society of NSW, the Deputy Chair of the Costs Committee and a member of the Litigation Law and Practice Committee again of the Law Society of NSW. He represents the Law Society of NSW on the District Court of NSW Civil Users Group (a committee of judges and representatives of the Law Society of NSW and the NSW Bar Association). He is a current councillor of the Law Society of NSW (i.e. a member of its Board of Directors).
In 1996 Terry established the long-running annual "Lawyers Learning for Charity" conference for the NSW Eastern Suburbs Law Society, and he continues to take an active role. Each year, all net proceeds from the conference are donated to a local charity, and in total, the conference has raised donations exceeding $250,000.
Qualifications and Memberships:
- LLB; BComm (Accountancy); LLM.
- Accredited Specialist – Personal Injury Law (NSW).
- CARS Assessor (NSW), DRS Assessor and Merit Reviewer.
- Costs Assessor & Review Panellist on the panel of the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
- Chair of the Injuries Damages Committee of the Law Society of New South Wales; Deputy Chair of the Costs Committee; Law Society of New South Wales Representative for the District Court of New South Wales.
- Member of Litigation Law & Practice Committee of the Law Society of New South Wales and Eastern Suburbs Law Regional Society.
- Admitted as a Solicitor in the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
- Admitted as a Solicitor in the High Court of Australia.