In 2018, Melanie was recognised in the Doyle’s Guide as a “Rising Star” in family law in New South Wales.
Melanie provides expert advice and representation in a broad range of legal matters, including family and relationship law (divorce, parenting matters, property, complex financial issues, child support, spouse maintenance and de facto relationships) and estate matters (including family provision claims, wills and probate). Melanie feels passionate about assisting people to resolve disputes and move forward with their lives.
Melanie’s extensive knowledge and experience, combined with her strong negotiation skills, allow her to resolve the majority of clients' disputes outside the court system, which avoids costly and time-consuming litigation. Melanie's collaborative training offers separating couples an alternative approach to settlement.
Between 2016 and 2019, Melanie provided advice on a volunteer basis for the NSW Women's Legal Service.
Qualifications and memberships:
- BLArch (Hons); DipPM; LLB; Master of Applied Law (Family Law).
- Accredited Specialist – Family Law.
- Admitted as a Solicitor in the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
- Admitted as a Solicitor in the High Court of Australia.
- Member of Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia, Eastern Suburbs Law Society and Women Lawyers Association of NSW.
- Member of the Australian Association of Collaborative Professionals and Collaborative Professionals (NSW) Inc.